On Saturday, September 7, more than 4,500 cyclists will participate in the RBC GranFondo Whistler ride from Vancouver to Whistler leading to delays and some road closures along the event route.
Motorists are advised to plan ahead. Here are the traffic impacts from the race:
- Lions Gate Bridge closed to northbound traffic from 5:30 to 8:30 a.m. One southbound lane will remain open.
- Taylor Way closed from 5:30 to 10 a.m.
- Upper Levels Highway between Horseshoe Bay and Taylor Way closed to eastbound traffic from 5:30 to 10 a.m. Eastbound motorists will be redirected to Marine Drive.
- Horseshoe Bay/ferry traffic will be redirected to Marine Drive through West Vancouver from 5:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Possible delays of up to three hours between West Vancouver and Whistler between 5:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Speed limits will be reduced to 60 km/h on sections of Highway 99 between Horseshoe Bay and Whistler.