The current wind storm is resulting in power outages, flying debris and potential tree damage. Strong outflow winds and bitterly cold wind chills are expected to continue through Tuesday.
- Government Road is closed north of Depot Road. Access to schools is available via Ross Road. Estimated time of reopening is approximately 10 a.m.
- Squamish Valley Road is closed from Government Road to Highway 99; estimated single-lane re-opening at 9 a.m.
- Single-lane traffic on Government Road in front of the Cemetery;
- Please keep an eye out for signage. All detours are via Ross Road.
- District of Squamish crews are out inspecting roadways and District property.
- Residents are advised to stay clear of trails, parks and forest areas due to the risk of falling trees and branches.
- Please be alert when outside and watch for flying debris.
- Please report any urgent calls for service to Public Works Admin at 604.815.6868, or the District of Squamish 24-hour emergency operations line: 604.815.4040.