Two hikers in Powell River who had accidently eaten poisonous mushrooms were rescued by the North Shore Rescue.
North Shore Rescue was called out early morning on Sunday for two hikers and campers near Powell River in medical distress. The hikers had accidentally eaten poisonous mushrooms expecting them to be regular mushrooms that they added to their dinner.
Powell River SAR was on scene and requested a hoist extraction for the subjects. NSR responded with Talon Helicopters with pilot and hoist operator on goggles, and two hoist techs including an ER physician.
“The subjects were extracted via hoist after civil twilight and handed off to BCEHS at Powell River airport. Subjects are recovering well,” said North Shore Rescue in a social media post.