Whistler Blackcomb has confirmed another fatality at the resort, the second such tragic incident this year.
On January 10, a 42-year-old man from British Columbia lost his life, Whistler Blackcomb has confirmed. Ski patrollers discovered the victim near 7th Avenue and Expressway on the Blackcomb. Despite immediate efforts by ski patrollers and emergency responders, the man could not be revived and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Belinda Trembath, Chief Operating Officer of Whistler Blackcomb, expressed condolences on behalf of the resort, extending sympathies to the family and friends of the deceased during this trying time. “On behalf of everyone at Whistler Blackcomb, we offer our deepest sympathies to his family and friends at this difficult time,” Trembath said.
Last week, the resort had announced that a 62-year-old man was found dead in an incident on Blackcomb Mountain on Friday, January 19. Whistler Blackcomb said ski patrol members responded to the serious incident in Sapphire Bowl, an expert-designated area in the Blackcomb Glacier Provincial Park where the guest was pronounced deceased.