By Craig Davidiuk
Published: April. 6, 2012
My gut tells me that if I give you wonderful people a teeny tiny nudge, that we can collectively solve the issues preventing Squamish FM from taking flight.
I need your brains. I need your networks.
1) Everyone is super busy and meeting times can be hard to align with your sked. So I’m sending this email to select list of people who have either been attending meetings or opening the emails I’ve been sending to the group.
Here’s the deal. I’m about two people short of a board of directors. A treasurer and a membership coordinator would be handy. But any committed, community minded, warm bodies will do. We are meeting like mad right now but we’ll taper things off when the weather gets nice. (ie: once a month starting in May)
2) we have established an online forum to discuss ideas. I’d like you to consider joining our forum and sharing your thoughts and ideas on the issues we are discussing. Right now we have three projects that are under discussion and your brain power would be helpful. http://squamishfm.myfreeforum.
- AN SUMMER EVENT: that boasts some training, music, fundraising etc. Please join here http://squamishfm.myfreeforum.
- PROGRAMS: Under development: a business show, a rethink of how we approach music programming and a community outreach program that involves asking the community to submit audio clips that we melt into a “Squamish Mash Up”
- SURVEY: Soon, we’ll post a survey that will become a “SWOT” analysis.
- JOB BOARD: (coming soon) I’ll post a bunch of little “to-do’s” that people can tackle.
3) We need a space to operate out of. Preferably free.
Can you visualize a true community media hub that podcasts local stories, cultures and creates unique connections? I can. And with your help it will be super easy to make it happen.
Any level of contribution is much appreciated.